Hilton Head Island-Bluffton Area
Empowering Voters. Defending Democracy.
The League is proud to be nonpartisan, neither supporting nor opposing candidates or political parties at any level of government, but always working on vital issues of concern to members and the public.
The LWV is a grassroots civic organization that encourages informed and active participation in government works to increase understanding of major public policy issues and influences public policy through education and advocacy. Membership in the League is open to people 16 years and older of all gender identities. With 100 years of experience, the League is one of America's oldest and most trusted civic nonprofit organizations.
- Gender and Sexual Identity Information Forum - Watch video here
- Two presentations by Derek W. Black on public education law
- Participation in MLK events
- Three High School voter registration events for seniors with 2 more planned
- Importance of voting presentation for Middle Schoolers
- Five Candidate Forums for local elections including the Mayoral runoff forum.